Friday, March 25, 2022

Old News (lyrics)

 Old News
Doesn't Age like I do
Still hurts everytime
even worse then in my prime
I was so excited to learn
thought It'd heal all pain
knowing would get easier
no no no
I just got higher on this escalator
a skinny tight rope
an adrenaline rush
having balance only means I'm not falling off
fine lines between real and imaginary
old news doesn't age like I do
crows feet and palmistry
tracing dicohotomies
I tried to walk between
such a short time line
just a circus act I only can see in my dreams
old news doesn't age like I do
and all of my excitement
young wonder, anything's news
buried under feelings
I was so sure I'd outgrew
old news doesn't age like I do
like just another tuesday
I try to play away
but 4 time around I'm only feeling the pain
amplifyin year after year
as my voice grows quieter and scared
sometimes I wonder if I'm getting any younger
but I never unwind
no my imagination is declined at checkout
I demand solitude like an american spouse
what I know is harder to be
as much as any certainty
oh what's left of me
old news doesn't age like I do
I wish mysteries still motivated me
I know I'm out there somewhere
deep inside of you
buried beneath old news
just doesn't  seem to age like I do
lookin for reflectiona of me
to be a positive influence
some enthusiasm for what could be
I already lost all my baggage
don't know where it went
my past dissolved in hot water
this history is blind
doc I need some glasses that I can't lose
some focus that isn't just a metaphor or a tool
don't give me
old news
it doesn't age like I do
I just have weights in my insidesn
that somehow gotta defy renewed gravity
remember life before you left me
so I can use what I learn and start to age old news so I can stop getting old  
it's up to me
no deals with the devil
tightropes or timlines
I wanna reach the next level
oh olds news
better age like I do

No comments:

Post a Comment